Monday, June 14, 2010

Ending one week begins another

Two of my favorite things started off my weekend:
1. a clearance sale
2. sedum(s) of any variety

so YAY!

Lowe's had little six packs of assorted sedums for sale for $3! They had the same thing up front for around $8, but I always look for ones in need of rescue. So a few hens & chicks, some dragon's blood sedum, and another yet unidentified sedum join my family. I try not to buy plants from "big box stores" but I just can't help myself sometimes. It's a compulsion...obsession of sorts..for which I want no cure.













One day after my sale purchases, I found myself at the award winning nursery (& my favorite), the Natural Gardener. I was there to browse the plants, as always, but also pick up some dirt and decomposed granite for my new succulent plantings. They have the best displays of plants, and this trip had a neat surprise: a blooming artichoke. I haven't seen one in person before, and it was amazing. And taller than me.

Also while there, I also managed to snag a bag of mosquito repellent pellets along with a pheromone trap. The trap is to entice the ones brave enough to stay to lay eggs in something they can't get out of. And the pellets are made out of cedar so they are natural as well. And so far...fingers crossed...it is working!


I also did something a little out of the ordinary this weekend: bought some annuals! They were on sale along with that sedum at Lowe's, so I couldn't resist some color for cheap. I came home with a pink zinnia and yellow gerbera daisy. *LOVE*  At my wedding, our mothers and grandmothers wore wrist corsages of hot pink gerbera daisies.

(I only took photos close-up cuz the plants need a little lovin' before they are show-ready) But hey, they were only $1.

Happy colors and succulents on sale...Yum!  And having no mosquitoes makes it that much more enjoyable.  
Weekend rating: Successful

No comments:

Post a Comment